Tuesday, September 4, 2012

[good smells]

Happy Tuesday, that is like a Monday!

I only had to work one job today and it was a.... ahem, "crappy" day. But that's ok, because I got to sleep in and watch Michael Strahan's first day on Live! with Kelly (& Michael!). I am such an old woman. I think I will handle retirement just fine in 50 years.

I skipped breakfast today. Okay, fine, I didn't, but I did have a popsicle. At lunch, I made a strawberry banana smoothie that tasted JUST like Smoothie King. Working there years ago has made me quite the smoothie queen. :-D

For dinner, we had greek yogurt pancakes... again! I swear we eat other things, but these are SO easy and good for you!


Also, I was trying to organize some things today. I decided to get crafty and make Scentsy bars out of old candles that the wicks are too short to burn. Frosted Cranberry is my FAVORITE winter scent, so I always have it in candle form, Wallflower, room spray, and anything else they make for the year. We have our Scentsy warmer on about 90% of the time, so it makes sense to have the bars instead of candles. (Don't get me wrong, I love candles.... for some reason, they are so comforting when it gets cold and dreary and snowy here!) This was not a difficult process at all, either.




I just melted the entire candle on the warmer and poured it in to an old bar carton! I think the candle will make 4 or 5 more, so I just tucked it away in the closet until next time.

I have a few more small, inexpensive projects on deck for the week, too! But I am also working all day, e'rday :-/ BUT, Saturday will be full of football, so I have light at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment